In 1995 Doug Carlaw R.H.I. purchased the Pillar To Post Franchise territory encompassing Middlesex and Elgin County, and since then we are frequently named as one of the best in the home inspection industry.
Leading the Local Home Inspection Industry
- For more than 15 years we have earned the trust of home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals, and the franchise has grown into one of the most respected full service inspection companies in the area.
- We are viewed as a leader in the community and in the local home inspection industry. We have performed more than 8,000 home inspections in London, St. Thomas, and the surrounding communities.
- Our experience includes residential and light commercial properties, and we are qualified to inspect both new and older homes.
We are often asked by the real estate industry to hold Continuing Education Courses to real estate agents – a testament that real estate agents trust our expertise. We have taught more than 10 of these courses so far, and we are always available to answer questions if needed.
Other Inspection Services We Offer
We offer a thorough home inspection, and our clients can also choose from other related services as well. These include:
- Mold Testing
- Radon Testing
- Water Quality Testing
It will normally take between two and four hours to perform a thorough home inspection, and each home is different. Once we have finished inspecting the entire home, and this covers all major items and components, the inspector will print out the report and any related color photographs right on the site. We encourage our clients to attend the inspection and ask any questions that they have.
Experienced and Certified Home Inspectors
Both of the inspectors with the Pillar To Post franchise are very experienced, and qualified to inspect homes of all types and values as well as multi-unit and light commercial properties.
- Pillar To Post Certified Home Inspector
- Pillar To Post franchise owner
- Registered Home Inspector
- OAHI Certified Inspector
- Member of Canada Association of Home and Property Inspectors
- Certified to teach Continuing Education Courses
- Background in construction and renovations
What Clients Report About Our Inspections
We have numerous repeat customers and referral over the years, and this has helped to make us a success over the years. Clients are always encouraged to call us after the inspection with any questions that they may have after they move in. Clients say that our inspectors are friendly and very professional, and that the home inspection we perform is much more than what they expected. Our customers really like the color photos and binder for storage that is provided together with the inspection report.
Realtors know that they can rely on us to be at the inspection on time, and to assist the home buyer in making the right decision by providing an unbiased opinion and a detailed report. Many local Realtors have been referring and using our services over the past 15 years, and we have a very high satisfaction rating from both clients and Realtors. Clients and Realtors say they are very satisfied with the computerized reports, because they are laid out in an easy to review manner and are easy to understand.